Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Good bye to retirement in Paris




I started this blog back in 2011 with determination and high hopes that I could create a 5 year plan that would enable me to relocate to Paris upon my retirement in 2016.

After researching the subject for several years it became overwhelming clear that I would not be able to accomplish my goal. I came to the conclusion that sadly, for me, it would not be possible to live in Paris on a small fixed income derived mostly from social security.

The cost of living is very high in Paris and the paperwork to live as an expat is a bit more than I care to tackle.

What I am looking for is a place where I can live BETTER than I live here in the U.S for less money.

So, with that, I say good bye to my Paris blog. I will not make any new posts but will leave what I have researched for those who follow.

BTW - don't be sad for me because as the old saying goes
"when one door closes another opens"

Our new retirement location is Costa Rica.

We are very excited about the move and beginning a new life in a beautiful country, with a slower pace of life.

Of course I have a new blog about our move there in 2016

If you are interested you can find me there The Aspiring Expats

See you there!


0 comments:

 

Receive via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Traduire

past posts

Blog Button

rather be in paris