Saturday, June 1, 2013

How to use your cell phone in Paris




"Can someone please explain to me in as simple terms as possible what I need to do with my cell phone before I leave for Paris and what I need to do when I get there?" 

Great question - You're clear across the ocean, many miles from home. Your're going to want to have the ability to stay in touch with family and friends. One of the things you have to contend with when going to Paris is how to use your cell phone.

I usually get the international service from my provider (I do this on all my trips). The cost is about $5. Of course you will still have to pay for roaming but at least your access the internet and then look for a free WiFi spot.

but...

According to  Secrets of Paris Newsletter #127, May 2013  if you've ever wondered about how to get SIM cards for your mobile phones to avoid the exorbitant roaming fees while traveling in France, here's an option; One SIM Card is a US-based company worth checking out before you leave home. If you’re already in France or don’t want to be using your own phone, La Poste offers pre-paid SIM cards from €5 as well as pay-as-you-go mobile phones from €34. 

0 comments:

 

Receive via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Traduire

past posts

Blog Button

rather be in paris