Friday, December 23, 2011

paris ATMs

When we were in Paris in April, I found myself in an emergency situation where I had to locate an ATM and withdraw money to pay a doctor. I was pretty nervous. Once I found the one I wanted to use, it wasn't as hard as I thought, however I didn't really know the basics of how to use it. I just sort of guessed at which button to hit.

So that you don't find yourself in the same situation, here are some tips for using their ATMs.


1. Make sure the card you are using has a 4 digit all numeric pin. You will not find any letters on the French ATMs. And no pin longer than 4 digits.

2. Most ATMs cap you at 300 euros. BNP may allow lager withdrawals (that is the one I used).

3. ATMs buttons:
VALIDATE = ENTER
CORRIGER = CORRECT (go back/ erase)
ANNULER = CANCEL

4. The French banks you will see most often with ATMs are
BNP Parabis
Societe Generale
CIC
LCL

5. Look for the Plus, Star, Cirrus to avoid extra fees

and off you go, money in hand!


0 comments:

 

Receive via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Traduire

past posts

Blog Button

rather be in paris