Thursday, November 24, 2011

elie saab my new fave

Since Thanksgiving is an American holiday I thought I would tell you about a new perfume I just bought. Any of you who know me, know that I LOVE shopping and I love fragrances.

Yesterday after getting off of work at 1:00pm, a co worker and I took Bart to the SF Centre to take a peek at the pre holiday goodies.

      First stop -- Nordstrom
Source: Nordstrom
Get Yours
We planned to stop at the "Narrative" dept to check out the jeans (NYDJ - Not Your Daughter's Jeans) I love them, can't say enough good things about the fit. Anyway they have a gazillion styles. When I started wearing them a few years ago, there were maybe 5 - 6 styles. Now they were EVERYWHERE.

My friend had never tried them before. So, what a treat for her. She bought one pair and I bought 2 pairs (even a purple pair). Then I spotted pull over cashmere sweaters. I have a mini wardrobe of these sweaters and in true fashion Nordy's introduced about 8 NEW colors. I won't bother to tell you how many I bought. Suffice it to say I can wear a different one for ea day of the week.

On our way out of the store to share a pre Thanksgiving drink, we stopped at the fragrance bar (just to look mind you).


In the end I bought Tom Ford's new fragrance, Violet Blonde and....a new fragrance by Elie Saab called "Elie Saab" (how original). If you don't know who Ellie Saab is check out the site.

In May 2003, the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture invited him to become a member, and he showed his first haute couture collection in Paris in July 2003. His first ready-to-wear collection in Paris was the Spring-Summer 2006 collection, and Paris is now his permanent ready-to-wear runway.

About the parfum:
With strong input from Saab, who was opposed to scents such as vanilla and heavy and cloying wood notes being used in the perfume, Kurkdjian set out to create something inspired by the lightness of the fabrics and fluidity found in Saab’s gowns. “The scent should leave a light trail, just like the trail of a gown,” Kurkdjian said. 
Saab’s new scent smells primarily of orange blossom and  jasmine, while patchouli and cedar wood give the fragrance a nice depth, without getting too heavy. “There’s a duality between the orange blossom and wood that mixes femininity with strength. It was a challenge to find the twist. It’s very simple, but very sophisticated.
Another challenge came in the form of the perfume’s color, which was customized to echo the delicate pastels Saab uses in his collection. The more rich and complex a fragrance is, the darker in color it will become. Kurkdjian extracted the color from the perfume without compromising the scent and then carefully added  a hint of color back into the formula to achieve the right shade of rosy blush.
But regardless of the pressure and challenges a perfumer can face when creating a signature scent for a well-known designer, Kurkdjian said that making a scent for someone else is far easier than doing his own line. 
I highly recommend this fragrance! Of course when I wear it, it will be layered with several other fragrances. I NEVER wear just one. That's just the way I roll!! 

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

 

Receive via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Traduire

past posts

Blog Button

rather be in paris